Shop Production Manager
Oversee day to day operation of Fabrication and customer service. Review shop drawings for content and accuracy. Assigns duties based, assesses accurate completion and maintains functionality and order as shop work progresses.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the Shop Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Read and Layout of shop drawings.
- Assigns/ delegates shop work. Oversees that work is completed on time and per spec.
- Maintains inventory- verifying assigned work has adequate material to ensure completion as well as coordinates with Yard manager to ensure stocked material is available.
- Coordinates with Project Management team and Estimating on scheduling of commercial work, completion dates and material requirements. Communication is paramount on maintaining workflow and productivity.
- Coordinates with Inside Sales to ensure lead times are expeditious and also accommodate all other shop work load.
- Coordinates with Yard manager to maintain proper equipment (PM) Preventative Maintenance, timely reporting and repairs for equipment that is malfunctioning or broken.
- Prioritizes Safety, leads tool talks, ensures shop personnel are practicing safe use of equipment and are using PPE.
- Reports on production and shop needs at weekly Steel Production meetings.
The Shop Manager will report and give feedback to management outlining progress toward the following goals:
- Timely and Efficient production of Commercial Fabrication while maintaining volume and accuracy of Residential Fabrication.
- Maintain stocked, pre-cut and rebar to ensure availability for sale and fabrication requirements.
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts